Moving Appliances When Renovating Can Enhance Aesthetics and Livability
At McKenzie Architectural Kitchens in Scottsdale, Arizona, we encourage our clients to keep an open mind when approaching a kitchen remodeling project. This is an opportunity to take your existing Scottsdale kitchen and reimagine it into a space that not only pleases aesthetically, but also improves functionality. You can make your living space look better and operate more efficiently—and that can sometimes involve relocating an appliance.
In this Scottsdale kitchen remodel, McKenzie Architectural Kitchens installed paneled appliances built flush into a paneled wall. This can often make small kitchens appear larger and more streamlined, while giving them a custom look.
The following key elements completed this custom Scottsdale kitchen redesign:
- To keep with the home’s mid-century design, we chose a modern version of the era’s classic wood tone.
- For a clean lined look, we selected a backsplash that matches the natural stone countertops.
- To help utilize space, we fit in pullouts as small as three inches.
- The addition of under cabinet lighting gets rid of dark corners and makes the space feel brighter.
- We built a great cooking center: two spice pullouts flank the cooktop at counter level; utensils and knife pullouts flank the cooktop at the base level; and pots and pans are stored in drawers below. Everything is at your fingertips!
- A drawer microwave cleans up the visual space by moving the appliance to below the countertop.
- Simple crown and light rail moldings installed flush to the door face add to the modern, clean look.
Interested in learning more about how McKenzie Architectural Kitchens can transform your Scottsdale kitchen into the gorgeous and functional space of your dreams?